Monday, April 26, 2010

Mamavation Monday, 4/26/2010

OK, I had another decent week. I gained back 2 lbs last week from being sick but I lost that 2 lbs this week. I am happy but irritated because if that would've stayed off I would be at my first goal which was to get back to 183. I lost 40 lbs last year but gained back 20 after my father in law passed away. That was emotional eating at it's finest! Plus, when a loved one dies everyone brings you food! So I am at 185.8. So now I will work extra hard again to get to 183!

I want to share my calories to make sure I'm eating enough. My mom thought I wasn't eating enough. I usually eat around 1000 calories a day and burn around 400 a day. I want to be healthy, but to be honest, if I eat more I don't lose. And I am usually hungry all day so I'll eat a piece of celery, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, a cantaloupe wedge. That would be for lunch. I'll have a salad with lots of veggies a a wee little bit of grilled chicken and a spritz of dressing for dinner. I don't usually eat snacks.

Anyway, I'm glad things are changing and only 1 pound until I've lost 20!

Also, check out Chiquita. I eat way more veggies and have been trying to incorporate more fruit.

10 comments:

  1. wow I could never eat that little. Congrats on your loss this week...I am sure you can get to your goal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never eat that little either. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me, I hate every minute of it. If I eat more I don't lose. I do have one day a week where I splurge and have something yummy and higher calorie and a small dessert. Otherwise I'd to crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you're eating enough. Have you tried Weight Watchers? And maybe more protein?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree... I don't think you are eating enough. Maybe try having 4-5 small meals spread out 2-3 hours apart? They can be the things you listed, but just add another small meal like those as a snack. Good luck next week and congrats on your 20 pounds.

    http://laviedelaurie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you need to eat a tiny bit more. Keep your head up though and keep on moving!

    @gutimom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you exercising? You can balance eating more with moving more, so that way you don't feel deprived. I don't know about you, but I don't have any will power when I'm hungry! I want to eat, but I am definitely making better choices as to what I eat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be gentle with yourself still, you were just sick. And geez woman, eat. 1000 calories may be too few, seriously examine your nutrition needs just to exist then add in those for your activity level and go from there. You can find many of these calculators online.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowsers, you need to be eating more Woman! Janice, our Mamavation Fitness Cheerleader had a great post on her blog about making sure you have the perfect # of calories: http://fitnesscheerleader.com/lazy/how-much-do-you-need-to-eat-to-lose-weight/ It has been a great resource for me. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are NOT eating enough calories. If you weigh about 180 or so, you should be eating at least 1400 calories per day.

    Here is the problem with deprivation like that. Your body's metabolism starts to lower and then you have to starve yourself even more to lose weight. It's an awful cycle...and who can live that way. I would highly recommend getting some professional support for you to learn proper nutrition. I always recommend Weight Watchers cause they teach you how to live in the world and eat fantastic doing it. XXOO

    ReplyDelete